The OMAX 60120 JetMachining Center is the smallest of our bridge-style waterjet machines, but it has a table big enough for larger stock. The OMAX 60120 features Intelli-TRAX, the high-precision linear drive technology designed exclusively for the abrasive waterjet environment, and it comes standard with a Bulk Abrasive Delivery System plus the durable OMAX MAXJET5i Nozzle. This robust and reliable system requires little maintenance and is as easy to use as conventional machine tools. If your shop needs unobstructed material loading, the bridge-style Y-axis is the answer. The 60120 gets the job done quickly and precisely, maximizing both machine time and profit margins.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||18’ 9” x 9’ 2”||5,715 mm x 2,794 mm|
|Height **||9’ 7”||2,921 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||6,200 lb||2,812 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||10’ 6” x 5’ 2”||3,200 mm x 1,575 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8”||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||12’ 0” x 6’ 5”||3,658 mm x 1,956 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||180 in/min||4,572 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0010"||±0.0254 mm|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0025"||±0.0635 mm|
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Robust and accurate design for tight tolerance cutting and reliable operation
- Easy operator access to the work area
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floor space utilization
- Precision X-Y Axis rigidly mounted to the cutting table
- Pre-loaded linear bearings and precision ball screws
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system uses only natural garnet abrasive and water in the cutting process
- No noxious fumes, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard patent-pending Intelli-TRAX traction drive inside the X-Axis beams fully enclosed inside coated steel covers
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Standard 600 lb Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp or 100 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- EnduroMAX pump technology delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster and more efficient cutting
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance
- Uses substantially less cooling water than inefficient hydraulic intensifier pumps
- Lowest electrical consumption compared to other pump technology
What Owners Say
Related ArticlesView All Articles
Artistic Iron, out of Corona, CA, brought an OMAX 60120 into their shop. John Robbins, owner of Artistic Iron, explains how waterjet has added value to his customer metal fabshop.
Below are a few images of Artistic Iron's shop and a great inlay piece they did for the Off The Hook resturant in Los Alamitos, CA.
...Read More »
“We went with OMAX because of the customer support, and we wanted to buy American-made,” said Ben Goldschmidt the Waterjet Cutting Operator at C.T.S. Waterjet LLC.
Brothers, Steve and Jim Goldschmidt, both learned the tool grinding trade before striking out on their own. The brothers started Cincinnati Tool Sharpening. For seven years, the shop focused on manufacturing for the...Read More »
As a leading manufacturer of commercial and consumer cardio and strength equipment, Life Fitness depends on tradeshows for business growth and continued success. These events are where gym and fitness club owners, equipment dealers and other potential customers gather to evaluate and actually purchase products. So needless to say, new product development and production schedules at...Read More »
At EMO MILANO 2015, OMAX Corporation and distributor partner, ITEK VENEZIANO GROUP SRL, jointly showcased the OMAX 60120 and MAXIEM 1515 JetMachining Centers loaded with efficient direct drive pumps, advanced cutting heads and the latest Intelli-MAX Software Suite. Applications experts from both companies were available to discuss the full range of OMAX abrasive waterjet technology available...Read More »