The OMAX 80X Series are bridge-style waterjet machines. All 80X models are delivered with the durable, factory-aligned OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle and a Bulk Abrasive Delivery System. They also feature IntelliTRAX, the high-precision linear drive technology designed exclusively for the abrasive waterjet environment. This robust and reliable system requires little maintenance and maximizes both machine time and profit margins. The OMAX 80X is ideal for cutting larger or multiple part projects. Waterjet system includes pump and software.
Need help finding the right machine for you? Check out our waterjet selection wizard.
NOTE: The technical specifications listed below are for the OMAX 80X. See the model comparison for details on the other machines in the series.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||22’ 1” x 12’ 8”||6,731 mm x 3,861 mm|
|Height **||12’ 0”||3,658 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||9,000 lb||4,082 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||13’ 4” x 6’ 8”||4,064 mm x 2,032 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8”||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||15’ 0” x 7’ 5”||4,572 mm x 2,261 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||180 in/min||4,572 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0010"||±0.0254 mm|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0030"||±0.0762 mm|
All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive IntelliMAX Software with real world cutting data
- Robust and accurate design for tight tolerance cutting and reliable operation
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floorspace utilization
- Easy operator access to the work area
- Precision X-Y Axis rigidly mounted to the cutting table
- Pre-loaded linear bearings and precision ball screws
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system uses only natural garnet abrasive and water in the cutting process
- No noxious fumes, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard IntelliCAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard IntelliVISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard patent-pending IntelliTRAX traction drive inside the X-Axis beams fully enclosed inside coated steel covers
- Standard scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Standard 600 lb Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional DualBRIDGE System can be used to increase machining capability
- Optional Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp or 100 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- EnduroMAX pump technology delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster and more efficient cutting
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance