The Engineers' Guide to Designing Abrasive Waterjet Parts
This is intended to give some tips for Engineers who are not experts in abrasivejet machining, but may be designing parts for Abrasivejet Machining. Hopefully, some of the tips and ideas presented here will save you time, effort, and money.
- You can machine virtually any 2D shape.
- For cheaper / faster parts: avoid sharp corners, or tight radii.
- Avoid tiny holes in thick materials.
- Use AutoCad Release 12 ASCII DXF files for best luck in transfering files.
- Your final part will be no more accurate than the CAD drawing you start with.
- Brittle materials and laminates require special attention.
- Different machines & job shops have different specialties and capabilities.