See Tilt-A-JetKonepaga Engineering Work SHOW
Mar 20 - Mar 22
The Tilt-A-Jet represents the latest OMAX innovation in the continuing search for more accurate abrasive waterjet machining. The Tilt-A-Jet lets the OMAX JetMachining Center achieve virtually zero taper with most materials. The Tilt-A-Jet can position the nozzle at an angle calculated by the software to exactly offset the taper from the abrasivejet. Taper doesn't disappear--it just gets moved to the scrap part of the material, leaving your part with exactly square edges.
- Easily make interlocking pieces, dovetail fittings, and lead ins without taper to reduce secondary machining
- Tilting point positioned at material surface to reduce X-Y motion
- Easy to use, with no special programming required
- Continuously adjusts at thousands of points per inch along path
- Can be used on OMAX machines from the 2626 to the 160X
- Automatic re-squaring feature ensures nozzle is square to the table
- Ability to change angles quickly, further enhancing cutting speed
- Compatible with Precision Optical Locator and Rotary Axis
- Faster cutting of high precision taper free parts with no need to slow down to eliminate taper
- Servo-controlled programmable precision Z-axis with 6” of travel
- Faster cutting due to “tilt forward” capability
- Advanced servo design results in virtually zero backlash
- Programmable manual tilt up to ±9° for the maximum tilt angle
- Automatic taper elimination without any programming
- Terrain Follower automatically adjusts to accommodate warped flat plate
- Rotary Axis allows for complex 6-axis 3D parts and precision beveled pipe fittings
- 0.030" Fusible Mixing Tube for finer kerf size
- A bridge-style OMAX JetMachining Center (for cantilever-style OMAX JetMachining Centers, contact an OMAX sales representative for details)
- OMAX 9-axis PC-based controller
- OMAX Intelli-MAX 18 Software Suite or later for taper compensation
Weld Prep Cutting
The A-Jet makes cutting bevels simple, and software controls help to eliminate taper.
Through advanced yet easy-to-use software enhancements such as XData, the A-Jet is capable of cutting complex three dimensional shapes quickly and accurately. Simply set the cutting angle to the drawing entity, and the software automatically sets the A-Jet to accurately and quickly cut the shape.
Related ArticlesView All Articles
New GlobalMAX® abrasive waterjet product line has value and durability as priorities
KENT, Wash., Sept. 1, 2017 - OMAX Corporation will showcase their new GlobalMAX abrasive waterjets, a line of essentially-featured, reliable, and practical machine tools capable of cutting virtually any material, in Booth A4838 at FABTECH 2017 in Chicago this November. The GlobalMAX line takes...Read More »
KENT, Wash., July 18, 2017 - OMAX® Corporation, a designer and manufacturer of computer-controlled abrasive waterjet systems, has produced the world’s most precise micromachining abrasive waterjet available with the assistance of a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant from the US National Science Foundation (NSF).
The NSF SBIR program is a highly...Read More »
The abrasive waterjet cutting tool consists of millions of tiny abrasive particles. All those particles are accelerated in the nozzle and perform the cut one impact at time. Depending on the cutting conditions, geometry of the cut, the material and other parameters, the cutting edge can take on different shapes that are commonly referred to as taper. A V-shaped cutting kerf will produce a part...Read More »
KENT, Wash., June 30, 2017 - At WESTEC 2017, OMAX® Corporation will showcase its OMAX 80X JetMachining Center with a Tilt-A-Jet® cutting head. Visitors to OMAX booth 1115 will experience how the versatility and high precision of OMAX waterjets make them an excellent complement or alternative to other conventional cutting machines.
Designed to accommodate large or multiple part...Read More »
See It In ActionView All Tradeshows
March 20 - March 22, 2018
March 22 - March 24, 2018