Achieve reliable piercing of composites and laminates with an OMAX-Engineered pneumatic drill specifically designed for the waterjet environment.
Solely customized for OMAX machining, the robust Drill Head permits repeatable piercing of laminates and composites prior to abrasive waterjet cutting and accurately pierces small diameter holes in thick material. With Intelli-MAX® innovation, no separate programming is required.
The OMAX Drill head is mounted to the Y-axis carriage and is easily adjustable in the Z-direction to move the accessory out of the way when not in use. No external power is required.
- Successfully pre-drill brittle and sensitive materials
- Reliably produce parts without delamination
- Eliminate the process of tedious hand drilling with customized registration templates. When used with the OMAX PC-based controller, the Drill Head can quickly and automatically drill holes in desired locations
- Chrome-plated and hard alloy steel components enclosed inside water-resistant cases and bellows to protect from a waterjet environment
- Corrosion-resistant cylinder wall will not rust in moist air
- Highly efficient 5,000 RPM air motor provides maximum power with minimum air consumption. Air motor design promotes longer drill bit life and quality drilled holes.
- Drill equipped with a collet holder and collet to hold a 1/16" drill bit
- Fully adjustable pneumatic feed rate and depth of feed up to 3" of travel and 112 lbs of thrust with 85 psi air
- Automatically controlled by OMAX Windows PC-based control system
- Windows PC-based controller installed with Intelli-MAX Software Suite Version 18.0 or higher
- Motorized Z-Axis, Tilt-A-Jet, or A-Jet
- Routinely apply air line lubrication and gear train grease
- Filtration system (40 microns max.) for the air feed connected to the drill
- Normal operating air pressure 85psi; maximum operating air pressure 100psi
Achieve reliable piercing of composites and laminates with an OMAX-engineered pneumatic drill specifically designed for the waterjet environment.
Related ArticlesView All Articles
Of the more than 30 customers HarshCo picked up in the last 18 months (strictly through referrals), Johnny thinks that 80% use HarshCo exclusively for their waterjet needs.
HarshCo is poised and ready for growth. HarshCo was a husband and wife team until recently, and so Johnny couldn't go out marketing the company to new customers. With the recent hiring of his...Read More »
Abrasive waterjet cutting has historically been seen as a novel tool for rough cutting of materials such as steel, aluminum, titanium, Inconel® , and glass – sort of a glorified bandsaw for 2D shapes. But today™s waterjet technology has advanced into new territory.
With the latest in technology offered by waterjet manufactures and coupled with one firm™s technical...Read More »