The purpose of the OMAX Compatible Logo program encourages third-party vendors to write software that improves the productivity of OMAX customers and machines.
- Offers a variety of programming and nesting solutions ranging from low cost and easy-to-use, to high end, including nesting of 3D beveled paths. Available for purchase with your OMAX or MAXIEM machine.
- A very popular CAM system for advanced 3D tool path planning.
- Offers Bezarc, Adobe Illustrator file importing and conversion, of which, portions are already built into the OMAX software to give OMAX LAYOUT full Adobe Illustrator importing capability.
- An award-winning nesting software that provides everything from complete interactivity to full automation with support for advanced features such as 3D beveling. Available for purchase with your OMAX or MAXIEM machine.
- Lantek is a multinational company which is leading the digital transformation of companies in the sheet metal and metal industrial sector. It offers its own proprietary software solutions in business manufacturing intelligence which enables the connecting of factories thereby converting them into Smart Factories. It rounds off its service offering with the development of CAD/CAM/MES/ERP solutions for companies that manufacture metal parts from sheet metal, tubes and profiles with any cutting technology (waterjet, laser, plasma, oxycut, shearing and punching).
- In addition to vendors that have specifically sought out certification, the OMAX software can import from nearly any CAD system. Click here to see a list of the many file formats we import directly.
- Autodesk Fusion 360 is 3D CAD and CAM software for importing, creating, and manipulating 3D Solid models. Its CAM functionality can be used to generate OMAX compatible tool paths, or its CAD output can be sent to OMAX Intelli-CAM as well. Autodesk Fusion 360 offers a flexible workflow utilizing a mix of both direct modeling and history-based modeling for the best of both worlds and personal workflow preference. The CAD system can be used to import, manipulate, or create new geometry, and the CAM system can be used to output tool paths to the OMAX, or post to many other machines, allowing one to use a single CAD/CAM system to program complete manufacturing processes across a variety of different machines. Visit OMAX Marketplace for a special offer to OMAX/MAXIEM customers.
- Product line includes, among other modules, CAM-POST® - a permanent NC post-processing software solution compatible with all major CAD / CAM / PLM Systems, as well as Virtual Machine® - a graphical machine tool simulator depicting the operation and motions of CNC machines during post-processing
- NestFab is an extremely easy-to-use automatic nesting software that quickly produces very high efficiency nests saving both time and material. NestFab has been designed to work with the expertise embedded into the existing OMAX software suite rather than replacing it. NestFab includes a button within its user interface ("Export To OMAX") to seamlessly transfer nests to OMAX Layout that are ready for processing.
OMAX is also available to assist in post processor writing for your favorite CAM.
OMAX software has many hooks in which third parties can interface. The most common third party interface is through a post processor, which outputs to an OMAX tool path file. We are happy to help you with support, documentation, samples and more. Additional third party support features include:
- Creating post processors to generate OMAX Tool Paths
- Launching the OMAX software from third party applications
- Automatic report generation
- Running OMAX Motions from another piece of software
- Communicating with OMAX MAKE via a shared file
- Communicating with OMAX MAKE via Windows Messaging
- Support for the MTConnect standard
- Creating OMAX bitstream files for infinite control of custom tool paths, including path recording and “teach” modes
- Other internal or external OMAX software options
- Scripting support to extend or interface with OMAX software
If you are a software vendor that would like to be part of the OMAX Compatible Program, or if you have questions about the OMAX Compatible Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OMAX charges no fee to the vendor and provides support on OMAX file formats and other questions to the vendor at no charge. At times, OMAX may assist customers in interacting with vendors (e.g. post processor development). In this case, OMAX provides all such support to both the vendor and the customer for free. Of course, the vendor may charge the customer for its products or services.
If OMAX determines that the software is of potential use to OMAX customers and is compatible with the OMAX software, then OMAX may grant the developer permission to use the OMAX Compatible Program logo. In addition, OMAX may list the vendor on this website, and possibly other locations.
When evaluating third party software, OMAX is primarily concerned with the utility from the OMAX customer’s point of view. OMAX does not, however, in any way endorse the third party software, or guarantee it to work, be compatible, be of any level of quality or otherwise be an effective solution for the customer. Testing is limited to basic sanity checks at the time of submission, and in no way is intended to replace careful evaluation by the customer. OMAX reserves the right to allow or deny the use of the OMAX logo at OMAX’s sole discretion, and at any time.
OMAX may also list and recommend third party software products that are not part of the OMAX Compatible Program. In these cases, the logo is not displayed, indicating that insufficient testing has been done by OMAX to warrant the inclusion of the logo.
Not all options are available on MAXIEM JetMachining Centers. Contact your sales representative for more information.