Intelli-CAM is a highly advanced computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software program with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models. Simply import a 3D file from one of the many supported file types such as CATIA, SolidWorks, 3D DXF, or DWG, and the 3D object appears in an interactive window. Generating a 2D profile from any face or slice of the 3D shape is just a click away. The other side of Intelli-CAM shows that 3D pathing is just as easy. With the AutoPath function, the program automatically creates the waterjet-reasonable tool path and applies the required attributes for 3D cutting before exporting directly to Intelli-MAX® MAKE.
Free to OMAX JetMachining Center owners, Intelli-CAM is part of the intuitive and powerful Intelli-MAX Software Suite, which expands the operator’s capabilities. "Our job shop customers will greatly benefit from Intelli-CAM. These customers will rarely have to ask customers to re-save a file to a different format they can accept. With Intelli-CAM, now users can accept nearly all file types," says Carl Olsen. He also notes that Intelli-CAM "may be the easiest-to-use 5-axis CAM software ever."
- Can run as a standalone application, or integrated into many popular 3D CAD systems
- Supports a wide range of neutral and native 3D file formats, including CATIA, SolidWorks®, Solid Edge, ACIS, Inventor®, Step, Siemens® NX, Pro/E®, Creo®, IGES, VDA-FS, Parasolid®, 3D DXF and DWG, and more
- Single click export to an OMAX CAD file or open directly into OMAX Intelli-MAX LAYOUT (for part editing) or MAKE (for cutting)
- Available free to new and existing OMAX JetMachining Center customers (include updates – no subscription fees!)
- Easily create 3D OMAX tool paths from solid models
- Easy and powerful 3D to 2D conversion tools
- Integrate into existing workflow to shorten production time
- Automatically recognize viable cutting surfaces from 3D shapes, including variable bevels and tilted cones
- Easily control cutting path options such as cut quality
- Program complex dynamic bevels in minutes instead of hours
- 3D files can be directly opened in OMAX MAKE for immediate cutting, or opened into OMAX LAYOUT for additional editing, nesting, and more
Not all options are available on MAXIEM JetMachining Centers. Contact your sales representative for more information.