All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
The MicroMAX JetMachining Center is the ideal solution for ultra-precision abrasive waterjet machining. Utilizing advanced high-precision optical linear encoders, innovative vibration isolation, and proven software control systems, the MicroMAX JetMachining Center is capable of a positioning accuracy of less than five microns while retaining all the advantages of abrasive waterjet machining. The MicroMAX can machine stainless steel, titanium, carbon fiber, PEEK, glass, nitinol, graphite, copper, composites, laminates, and more, with high precision and smooth finishing, for either prototyping or production.
OMAX MicroMAX Front View7' 0" Height 2,134 mm Height6' 2" Length 1,880 mm Length
OMAX MicroMAX Side View7' 0" Height 2,134 mm Height7' 0" Width 2,134 mm Width
|Footprint * – (L x W)||6' 2" x 7' 0"||1,880 mm x 2,134 mm|
|Height **||7' 0"||2,134 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||3,800 lb||1,724 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||2' 1" x 2' 1"||635 mm x 635 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||4.50"||114 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||2' 11" x 3' 0"||889 mm x 914 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||100 in/min||2,540 mm/min|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0006"||±0.0152 µm|
* Footprint does not include controller or pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floorspace utilization
- Very high precision with 0.1 micron linear optical encoder system
- Highly rigid structure with low mass bridges and carriages
- Stiff construction greatly reduces vibration and increases accuracy
- Vibration isolation of table and gantries
- All components have matched thermal expansion
- Revolutionary patent-pending process for fine abrasive feed rate
- Full enclosure with environmental controls provides quiet, safe and clean operation below 80db
- Advanced pressure controls for piercing delicate materials
- No heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Standard OMAX 7/15 Mini MAXJET 5 Nozzle acquires finer precision cutting capability with a 0.007" orifice and a 0.015" mixing tube combination
- Standard Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Machines a wide range of materials with high accuracy
- Can machine hardened steel as easily as annealed steel
- Easily cut non-conductive and reflective materials
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
What Owners Say
We came to the realization that waterjet was a critical tool for efficient prototyping for several reasons. It's faster, easier to set up and operate and handles more materials than traditional machine tools.
In the morning, we can go through and cut an entire product out and have a prototype put together because we can do everything in-house and have the accuracy of the waterjet.
Waterjet cutting technology has greatly increased our manufacturing capacity and given us the ability to cut virtually any metal, glass, plastic and composites. Anyone considering new equipment for cutting in manufacturing should explore waterjet.
OMAX solved the 'concept to finished part' problem. What used to take weeks now takes only hours...
I advertise having the Tilt-A-Jet for cutting tight tolerance; however, when quoting a specific project I can use it as my secret weapon to meet my customer's accuracy guidelines. This allows me to produce taper free parts.
The waterjet gives our employees the opportunity to learn new skills and, because we can set it up for automated cutting to run unattended, it frees up our employees to focus on other mission essential tasks.
Because of the OMAX waterjet machine and the ease-of-use with the software, it allows us to nest parts in materials and get more pieces per sheet.
We can cut parts right to size with our OMAX machines. The machines' Tilt-A-Jet accessory, precision table motion and easy-to-use controls are what make that possible.
It also gives us an advantage from a throughput perspective because we're able to provide near-net-shape specimens to other departments for the next steps in that material's certification procedure.
The motion control that OMAX has is superior to other machines that are out there. The things my customers comment on the most is the quietness of the machine and its accuracy and repeatability.
The waterjet's cold cutting process is cleaner; we don't have to worry about modifying the chemistry of our specimens or introducing heat.
With reverse engineering, we've essentially been able to take blueprints, sketches, and mylars, scan them and input them into the OMAX software. We're able to trace over the original blueprint and use the scaling features to cut a prototype.
The OMAX machine made it possible for us to survive during this very difficult economic period.
We were losing too much time with secondary operations. In looking for a solution we had to carefully consider our equipment choices to avoid processing that might create heat-affected zones in the specimen or change its properties. The MAXIEM 1515 was modestly priced but provided a lot of capability
We realized how much money we saved if we kept most of our cutting work in-house instead of outsourcing.
The dining table was a very exciting project which could not have been done without the OMAX.
Instead of three to four hours to take a specimen to rough finish with a saw, we can accomplish the same process in 45 minutes on the MAXIEM.
Related ArticlesView All Articles
KENT, Wash., January 20, 2017 - On January 10, OMAX Corporation was one of 37 companies to receive the prestigious Tibbetts Award at the White House. The Tibbetts Award is given to small businesses and individuals by the US Small Business Administration (SBA) in recognition for innovative research and development of transferrable technology. OMAX received the award for its...Read More »
KENT, Wash., January 17, 2017 - The OMAX MicroMAX JetMachining Center has been named a finalist by R&D Magazine in the field of Mechanical/Materials for the magazine's highly regarded 2016 R&D 100 Awards. Such a nomination places OMAX among an elite community of companies and individuals dedicated to the advancement of science and technology.
The MicroMAX has expanded...Read More »
There are numerous compelling benefits of using waterjet technology to produce parts or part features smaller than 300 microns. Developers and researchers are getting close to breaking the barriers that stand in the way of micromachining in the 150- to 200- micron range and below. This research report outlines the issues associated with making very finely detailed parts using the abrasive...Read More »
Additional AccessoriesView All Accessories
- 7/15 Mini MAXJET5 Nozzle
- Bulk Abrasive Delivery System
- Chiller System
- Laminar Filter
- Laser Feature Finder
- MAXJET5 Water Only Nozzle
- MAXJET5i MiniJet Nozzle
- MAXJET5i Nozzle
- Precision Optical Locator
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Rotary Axis
- Vacuum Assist
- Variable Speed Solids Removal System
- Water Recycling System
Contact your sales representative for more information.