All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
The MicroMAX JetMachining Center is the ideal solution for ultra-precision abrasive waterjet machining. Utilizing advanced high-precision optical linear encoders, innovative vibration isolation, and proven software control systems, the MicroMAX JetMachining Center is capable of a positioning accuracy of less than five microns while retaining all the advantages of abrasive waterjet machining. The MicroMAX can machine stainless steel, titanium, carbon fiber, PEEK, glass, nitinol, graphite, copper, composites, laminates, and more, with high precision and smooth finishing, for either prototyping or production.
OMAX MicroMAX Front View7' 0" Height 2,134 mm Height6' 2" Length 1,880 mm Length
OMAX MicroMAX Side View7' 0" Height 2,134 mm Height7' 0" Width 2,134 mm Width
|Footprint * – (L x W)||6' 2" x 7' 0"||1,880 mm x 2,134 mm|
|Height **||7' 0"||2,134 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||3,800 lb||1,724 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Travel ***||2' 1" x 2' 1"||635 mm x 635 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||4.50"||114 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||2' 11" x 3' 0"||889 mm x 914 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||100 in/min||2,540 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.000"||±0.000 mm|
* Footprint does not include controller or pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floorspace utilization
- Very high precision with 0.1 micron linear optical encoder system
- Highly rigid structure with low mass bridges and carriages
- Stiff construction greatly reduces vibration and increases accuracy
- Vibration isolation of table and gantries
- All components have matched thermal expansion
- Revolutionary patent-pending process for fine abrasive feed rate
- Full enclosure with environmental controls provides quiet, safe and clean operation below 80db
- Advanced pressure controls for piercing delicate materials
- No heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Standard OMAX 7/15 Mini MAXJET 5i Nozzle acquires finer precision cutting capability with a 0.007" orifice and a 0.015" mixing tube combination
- Standard Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Optional programmable Motorized Z-Axis boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Machines a wide range of materials with high accuracy
- Can machine hardened steel as easily as annealed steel
- Easily cut non-conductive and reflective materials
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
What Owners Say
The OMAX machine made it possible for us to survive during this very difficult economic period.
The motion control that OMAX has is superior to other machines that are out there. The things my customers comment on the most is the quietness of the machine and its accuracy and repeatability.
With reverse engineering, we've essentially been able to take blueprints, sketches, and mylars, scan them and input them into the OMAX software. We're able to trace over the original blueprint and use the scaling features to cut a prototype.
We realized how much money we saved if we kept most of our cutting work in-house instead of outsourcing.
We can cut parts right to size with our OMAX machines. The machines' Tilt-A-Jet accessory, precision table motion and easy-to-use controls are what make that possible.
We came to the realization that waterjet was a critical tool for efficient prototyping for several reasons. It's faster, easier to set up and operate and handles more materials than traditional machine tools.
OMAX solved the 'concept to finished part' problem. What used to take weeks now takes only hours...
The dining table was a very exciting project which could not have been done without the OMAX.
Because of the OMAX waterjet machine and the ease-of-use with the software, it allows us to nest parts in materials and get more pieces per sheet.
I advertise having the Tilt-A-Jet for cutting tight tolerance; however, when quoting a specific project I can use it as my secret weapon to meet my customer's accuracy guidelines. This allows me to produce taper free parts.
In the morning, we can go through and cut an entire product out and have a prototype put together because we can do everything in-house and have the accuracy of the waterjet.
Related ArticlesView All Articles
There are numerous compelling benefits of using waterjet technology to produce parts or part features smaller than 300 microns. Developers and researchers are getting close to breaking the barriers that stand in the way of micromachining in the 150- to 200- micron range and below. This research report outlines the issues associated with making very finely detailed parts using the abrasive...Read More »
Additional AccessoriesView All Accessories
- 7/15 Mini MAXJET5 Nozzle
- Bulk Abrasive Delivery System
- Chiller System
- Laminar Filter
- Laser Feature Finder
- MAXJET5 Water Only Nozzle
- MAXJET5i MiniJet Nozzle
- MAXJET5i Nozzle
- Motorized Z-Axis
- Precision Optical Locator
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Rotary Axis
- Variable Speed Solids Removal System
- Water Recycling System
Contact your sales representative for more information.