All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
The OMAX 55100 JetMachining Center is the largest of our cantilever-style machines. With a completely sealed and protected ball screw drive system, the OMAX 55100 is a robust and reliable workhorse for shops using larger stock. This model comes standard with an OMAX MAXJET 5 Nozzle and a Bulk Abrasive Delivery System. It gets the job done quickly and precisely, maximizing both machine time and profit margins.
OMAX 55100 Front View9' 10" Height 2,997 mm Height12' 11" Length 3,937 mm Length
OMAX 55100 Side View9' 10" Height 2,997 mm Height7' 10" Width 2,388 mm Width
|Footprint * – (L x W)||12' 11" x 7' 10"||3,937 mm x 2,388 mm|
|Height **||9' 10"||2,997 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||8,000 lb||3,629 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Travel ***||8' 4" x 4' 7"||2,540 mm x 1,397 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8.00"||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||10' 6" x 5' 5"||3,200 mm x 1,651 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||180 in/min||4,572 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.001"||±0.025 mm|
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Robust and accurate design for tight tolerance cutting and reliable operation
- Easy operator access to the work area
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floor space utilization
- Precision X-Y Axis rigidly mounted to the cutting table
- Pre-loaded linear bearings and precision ball screws
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system uses only natural garnet abrasive and water in the cutting process
- No noxious fumes, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Standard 600 lb Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30, 40, or 50 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- EnduroMAX pump technology delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster and more efficient cutting
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance
- Uses substantially less cooling water than inefficient hydraulic intensifier pumps
- Lowest electrical consumption compared to other pump technology
What Owners Say
OMAX solved the 'concept to finished part' problem. What used to take weeks now takes only hours...
With reverse engineering, we've essentially been able to take blueprints, sketches, and mylars, scan them and input them into the OMAX software. We're able to trace over the original blueprint and use the scaling features to cut a prototype.
In the morning, we can go through and cut an entire product out and have a prototype put together because we can do everything in-house and have the accuracy of the waterjet.
Because of the OMAX waterjet machine and the ease-of-use with the software, it allows us to nest parts in materials and get more pieces per sheet.
The motion control that OMAX has is superior to other machines that are out there. The things my customers comment on the most is the quietness of the machine and its accuracy and repeatability.
The dining table was a very exciting project which could not have been done without the OMAX.
We can cut parts right to size with our OMAX machines. The machines' Tilt-A-Jet accessory, precision table motion and easy-to-use controls are what make that possible.
I advertise having the Tilt-A-Jet for cutting tight tolerance; however, when quoting a specific project I can use it as my secret weapon to meet my customer's accuracy guidelines. This allows me to produce taper free parts.
We came to the realization that waterjet was a critical tool for efficient prototyping for several reasons. It's faster, easier to set up and operate and handles more materials than traditional machine tools.
We realized how much money we saved if we kept most of our cutting work in-house instead of outsourcing.
The OMAX machine made it possible for us to survive during this very difficult economic period.
Related ArticlesView All Articles
Florida State University's High-Performance Materials Institute is paving the way when it comes to narrowing the gap between research and practical use of a new, high-performance composite material that could be up to 10 times lighter and 250 times stronger than steel, twice as hard as diamond, and highly conductive to electricity and heat. This advanced material, sometimes referred to as...Read More »
Every once in a while, Jack McGrail will cut a potential customer's part for free, just to prove a point. These rare occasions usually involve customers who are convinced that the work is best suited for Mr. McGrail's wire EDM equipment. Typically, their initial skepticism becomes pleasant surprise with the revelation that he can meet required specifications in less time using abrasive...Read More »
Erickson Machine Tools Inc., celebrating its 50th Anniversary, recently held an Open House. The company's large showroom in Story City, IA was used to demonstrate new machining centers, turning centers, saws, a waterjet cutting machine and cutting tools and accessories for manufacturers and job shops in the Iowa and Nebraska regions.
The Milltronics ML 16...Read More »
Two journeymen machinists, each with more than 15 years of experience in the precision machining industry, opened their own business four years ago. Corey Anderson and Brian Deffinger, co-owners of Leading Edge Machine, made a bold but calculated decision to own their own business. The two knew each other well, as Corey had worked under the direction of...Read More »
Additional AccessoriesView All Accessories
- 7/15 Mini MAXJET5 Nozzle
- Bulk Abrasive Delivery System
- Chiller System
- Collision Sensing Terrain Follower
- Laminar Filter
- Laser Feature Finder
- Manual/Adjustable Tilt Nozzle
- MAXJET5 Water Only Nozzle
- MAXJET5i MiniJet Nozzle
- MAXJET5i Nozzle
- Motorized Z-Axis
- OMAX Drill Head
- Precision Optical Locator
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Rotary Axis
- Terrain Follower
- Variable Speed Solids Removal System
- Water Recycling System
Contact your sales representative for more information.