All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
The OMAX 2652 JetMachining Center is slightly larger than the OMAX 2626, but still offers a small footprint for space-challenged shops. The OMAX 2652 is a mid-sized cantilever-style machine. With a completely sealed and protected ball screw drive system, this robust and reliable workhorse is perfect for shops cutting projects with smaller dimensions but needing high precision.
OMAX 2652 Front View7' 11" Height 2,413 mm Height11' 7" Length 3,531 mm Length
OMAX 2652 Side View7' 11" Height 2,413 mm Height5' 7" Width 1,702 mm Width
|Footprint * – (L x W)||11' 7" x 5' 7"||3,531 mm x 1,702 mm|
|Height **||7' 11"||2,413 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||3,320 lb||1,506 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||4' 4" x 2' 2"||1,321 mm x 660 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8.00"||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||5' 9" x 2' 6"||1,753 mm x 762 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||180 in/min||4,572 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0010"||±0.0254 mm|
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Robust and accurate design for tight tolerance cutting and reliable operation
- Easy operator access to the work area
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floor space utilization
- Precision X-Y Axis rigidly mounted to the cutting table
- Pre-loaded linear bearings and precision ball screws
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system uses only natural garnet abrasive and water in the cutting process
- No noxious fumes, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Optional Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp or 100 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- EnduroMAX pump technology delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster and more efficient cutting
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance
- Uses substantially less cooling water than inefficient hydraulic intensifier pumps
- Lowest electrical consumption compared to other pump technology
What Owners Say
With reverse engineering, we've essentially been able to take blueprints, sketches, and mylars, scan them and input them into the OMAX software. We're able to trace over the original blueprint and use the scaling features to cut a prototype.
We can cut parts right to size with our OMAX machines. The machines' Tilt-A-Jet accessory, precision table motion and easy-to-use controls are what make that possible.
OMAX solved the 'concept to finished part' problem. What used to take weeks now takes only hours...
We realized how much money we saved if we kept most of our cutting work in-house instead of outsourcing.
The dining table was a very exciting project which could not have been done without the OMAX.
The waterjet's cold cutting process is cleaner; we don't have to worry about modifying the chemistry of our specimens or introducing heat.
We came to the realization that waterjet was a critical tool for efficient prototyping for several reasons. It's faster, easier to set up and operate and handles more materials than traditional machine tools.
The motion control that OMAX has is superior to other machines that are out there. The things my customers comment on the most is the quietness of the machine and its accuracy and repeatability.
It also gives us an advantage from a throughput perspective because we're able to provide near-net-shape specimens to other departments for the next steps in that material's certification procedure.
The OMAX machine made it possible for us to survive during this very difficult economic period.
I advertise having the Tilt-A-Jet for cutting tight tolerance; however, when quoting a specific project I can use it as my secret weapon to meet my customer's accuracy guidelines. This allows me to produce taper free parts.
Instead of three to four hours to take a specimen to rough finish with a saw, we can accomplish the same process in 45 minutes on the MAXIEM.
In the morning, we can go through and cut an entire product out and have a prototype put together because we can do everything in-house and have the accuracy of the waterjet.
The waterjet gives our employees the opportunity to learn new skills and, because we can set it up for automated cutting to run unattended, it frees up our employees to focus on other mission essential tasks.
We were losing too much time with secondary operations. In looking for a solution we had to carefully consider our equipment choices to avoid processing that might create heat-affected zones in the specimen or change its properties. The MAXIEM 1515 was modestly priced but provided a lot of capability
Because of the OMAX waterjet machine and the ease-of-use with the software, it allows us to nest parts in materials and get more pieces per sheet.
Waterjet cutting technology has greatly increased our manufacturing capacity and given us the ability to cut virtually any metal, glass, plastic and composites. Anyone considering new equipment for cutting in manufacturing should explore waterjet.
Related ArticlesView All Articles
KENT, Wash. - Smalley Steel Ring Company, a global leader in the design and manufacture of retaining rings and wave springs, has donated an OMAX 2652 to the College of Lake County (CLC) in Grayslake, Illinois. The abrasive waterjet machining center is the college’s first and broadens the CNC/Machine Tool Trades Department's ability to offer the waterjet technology skills sought by...Read More »
Every once in a while, Jack McGrail will cut a potential customer's part for free, just to prove a point. These rare occasions usually involve customers who are convinced that the work is best suited for Mr. McGrail's wire EDM equipment. Typically, their initial skepticism becomes pleasant surprise with the revelation that he can meet required specifications in less time using abrasive...Read More »
Cancer patients receiving treatment at the BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, have no idea that the same facility houses a working machine shop. This small, but wellequipped, shop plays a key role in supporting not only patient treatments, but also cancer research, in particular DNA sequencing.
The majority of work done at the...Read More »
ERA Industries Inc of Franklin, Illinois, is a privately held precision machine job shop that has recently discovered the versatility of abrasive waterjet technology. ERA traditionally focuses on components for military vehicles and commercial aerospace. In August 2007, the company purchased its first OMAX machine, a Model 55100 JetMachining Center with 55 inches by 100...Read More »
Additional AccessoriesView All Accessories
- 7/15 Mini MAXJET5 Nozzle
- Bulk Abrasive Delivery System
- Chiller System
- Collision Sensing Terrain Follower
- Laminar Filter
- Laser Feature Finder
- Manual/Adjustable Tilt Nozzle
- MAXJET5 Water Only Nozzle
- MAXJET5i MiniJet Nozzle
- MAXJET5i Nozzle
- Motorized Z-Axis
- OMAX Drill Head
- Precision Optical Locator
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Rotary Axis
- Terrain Follower
- Vacuum Assist
- Variable Speed Solids Removal System
- Water Recycling System
Contact your sales representative for more information.