The electrically operated OMAX Motorized Z-Axis provides precise nozzle positioning. The powerful combination of the Motorized Z-Axis and the Precision Optical Locator provides precision jet machining of pre-machined parts, such as die-stripper plates.
- 8-3/4" Travel in Z direction
- Controller pre-programmable, automatic stand-off distance to insure proper nozzle height off of work piece
- Jog up/down at user settable speeds and distance
- Manual controls to move specific amounts
- Heads-up traversing to avoid obstacles
- "Move all up" command to quickly move nozzle out of the way after a tool path has completed
- Can be pre-programmed using OMAX 3-D Path Editor Software to follow vertical contours of parts and avoid obstacles. Maximum programmable slope is 60 degrees when contour following.
- Can be programmed by most other CAD/CAM software through custom post processor
- Windows upgrade, contact technical support for information.
Related ArticlesView All Articles
Every once in a while, Jack McGrail will cut a potential customer's part for free, just to prove a point. These rare occasions usually involve customers who are convinced that the work is best suited for Mr. McGrail's wire EDM equipment. Typically, their initial skepticism becomes pleasant surprise with the revelation that he can meet required specifications in less time using abrasive...Read More »