The OMAX 55100 JetMachining Center is the largest of our cantilever-style machines. With a completely sealed and protected ball screw drive system, the OMAX 55100 is a robust and reliable workhorse for shops using larger stock. This model comes standard with an OMAX MAXJET 5 Nozzle and a Bulk Abrasive Delivery System. It gets the job done quickly and precisely, maximizing both machine time and profit margins.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||12’ 11” x 7’ 10”||3,937 mm x 2,388 mm|
|Height **||9’ 10”||2,997 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||8,000 lb||3,629 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||8’ 4” x 4’ 7”||2,540 mm x 1,397 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8”||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||10’ 6” x 5’ 5”||3,200 mm x 1,651 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||180 in/min||4,572 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0010"||±0.0254 mm|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0025"||±0.0635 mm|
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Robust and accurate design for tight tolerance cutting and reliable operation
- Easy operator access to the work area
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floor space utilization
- Precision X-Y Axis rigidly mounted to the cutting table
- Pre-loaded linear bearings and precision ball screws
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system uses only natural garnet abrasive and water in the cutting process
- No noxious fumes, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Standard 600 lb Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp or 100 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- EnduroMAX pump technology delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster and more efficient cutting
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance
- Uses substantially less cooling water than inefficient hydraulic intensifier pumps
- Lowest electrical consumption compared to other pump technology
What Owners Say
Related ArticlesView All Articles
“We went with OMAX because of the customer support, and we wanted to buy American-made,” said Ben Goldschmidt the Waterjet Cutting Operator at C.T.S. Waterjet LLC.
Brothers, Steve and Jim Goldschmidt, both learned the tool grinding trade before striking out on their own. The brothers started Cincinnati Tool Sharpening. For seven years, the shop focused on manufacturing for the...Read More »
Recently, the 934th Maintenance Squadron aircraft metals technology shop installed a new waterjet cutting machine, also known as an OMAX Computer Numerical Control Waterjet Machining Center. The machine helps Airmen increase maintenance capabilities by accelerating their ability to fabricate tools and custom parts to help get the mission done.
Read the...Read More »
Off the Trans-Canada Yellowhead Highway in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Venables Machine Works Limited takes advantage of abrasive waterjet technology to beat tight turnaround times. “Meeting tight delivery deadlines helps promote Venables as a shop that will manufacture on time and on budget,” states Dan Wingerak, Venables’ Shop Manager and Vice President of Operations....Read More »
A supersonic jet stream of water and abrasive can cut through almost any material with high precision, a fabrication shop in Eugene, Oregon discovered.
Harvest Valley Specialties (HVS) was founded in 2008 to provide design and fabrication services to businesses in the Willamette Valley, including breweries and wineries. Known as "Oregon Wine Country," the Willamette Valley is...Read More »