The OMAX 120X Series are one of the largest OMAX bridge-style machines. The OMAX 120X Series also feature Intelli-TRAX, the high-precision linear drive technology designed exclusively for the abrasive waterjet environment. This robust and reliable system maximizes production and profitability. The large cutting area of the 120X makes it ideal for multiple part projects or large-scale part production.
NOTE: The technical specifications listed below are for the OMAX 120X. See the model comparison for details on the other machines in the series.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||21’ 8” x 17’ 3”||6,604 mm x 5,258 mm|
|Height **||14’ 0”||4,267 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||12,000 lb||5,443 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||20’ 0” x 10’ 0”||6,096 mm x 3,048 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8”||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||14’ 11” x 11’ 5”||4,547 mm x 3,480 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||180 in/min||4,572 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0010"||±0.0254 mm|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0050"||±0.1270 mm|
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Robust and accurate design for tight tolerance cutting and reliable operation
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floorspace utilization
- Easy operator access to the work area
- Precision X-Y Axis rigidly mounted to the cutting table
- Pre-loaded linear bearings and precision ball screws
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system uses only natural garnet abrasive and water in the cutting process
- No noxious fumes, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard patent-pending Intelli-TRAX traction drive inside the X-Axis beams fully enclosed inside coated steel covers
- Standard scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Standard 600 lb Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional DualBRIDGE System can be used to increase machining capability
- Optional Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp or 100 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- EnduroMAX pump technology delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster and more efficient cutting
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance
What Owners Say
Related ArticlesView All Articles
A state-of-the-art machine tool cutting aluminum, and glass, and steel, and rubber, and composite, and …
Innovation changes how and what we machine. On top of that, industry trends fluctuate with market prices of imported or locally sourced materials. If the price of steel wavers, how will your company react? When the needs of the customers change, how will your machine shop adapt? Can...Read More »
From .03 in. sheets of aluminum to 6 in. plates of steel, K&W Tool and Machine Inc. is using their dual OMAX JetMachining® Centers to cut everything that comes through their door.
K&W Tool was founded in 1998 by Joe Kohn. Originally the operation was ran out of a 2500 sq. ft. pole barn behind Kohn’s house in Sheridan, Michigan. “Joe completed his...Read More »
As parts and assembly tolerances continue to tighten, fab shops look for new ways to adapt and change their methods to achieve greater accuracy and improved production flow. Additional set-ups and transfers result in inaccuracies, downtime and loose tolerances. Abrasive waterjet machining solutions can help minimize the amount of additional processing to a single operation - as was the case...Read More »
Last year all the technological pieces fell into place for WaneShear Technologies LLC, enabling the company to successfully fabricate the world's first WaneShear. The unique lumber-cutting system was a longtime dream of Ron McGehee and his son Clark and only recently became a reality as a result of today's advanced servomotors and high-powered computers....Read More »