The ProtoMAX® can cut through nearly any material including: aluminum, titanium, stone, carbon fiber, and G10 composite. The compact machine footprint combined with its comprehensive versatility makes the ProtoMAX an ideal abrasive waterjet for prototyping, educational applications, or as a complement to a larger machine shop. The pump and cutting table are on casters for easy relocation. Work material is submerged under water for quiet cutting that won’t disrupt your work space.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||41.5" x 39.5"||1,054 mm x 1,004 mm|
|Height **||56.5"||1,435 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||600 lb||272 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||12" x 12"||304 mm x 304 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||1"||25 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||14.5" x 15.25"||368 mm x 393 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||100 in/min||2,540 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0050"||±0.1270 mm|
|Max. Supported Material Load||50 lb/ft2||244 kg/m2|
- With the clamshell cover and submerged cutting, ProtoMAX is safe and quiet (approx. 76 db).
- The same IntelliMAX® software that runs our larger machine also runs the ProtoMAX making it a great learning tool.
- IntelliMAX Proto® comes with unlimited software seats.
- Cuts virtually any material under 1 in. thick with a 12 in. by 12 in. cutting area.
- Though compact, the ProtoMAX delivers 30,000 psi cutting power with a 5 hp pump.
- Like all OMAX abrasive waterjets, the ProtoMAX cuts with no heat-affected zone and no change to the material properties.
- The waterjet plugs into a 240V AC single phase outlet and does not require hardwiring.
What Owners Say
Related ArticlesView All Articles
A video re-visit of our friends at Pierce County Skill Center. Learn how Briston Trapp and his students use ProtoMAX to explore aerospace manufacturing.
Read More »
"The biggest benefit [of the ProtoMAX] has been the addition it brings to the creative process. By removing long waits for cut parts, we are able to bring products to market much more quickly. We can design and cut something in a fraction of the time we used to, allowing us to keep focused on the design we are trying to make,” said Chris Ploof owner of Chris Ploof Designs....Read More »
California Polytechnic State University’s (Cal Poly) Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering (IME) Department is ensuring its students are prepared for the future of fabrication by integrating abrasive waterjet into their curriculum. In 2018, the IME department added a ProtoMAX abrasive waterjet to their Materials Removal lab, showcasing non-traditional cutting...Read More »
KENT, Wash., August 30rd, 2018 – OMAX® Corporation announces the ProtoMAX abrasive waterjet has achieved CE certification. The ProtoMAX brings all the versatility benefits of large abrasive waterjet cutters in a sleek and economic package that’s perfect for small job shops, engineering classrooms, makerspaces, and personal use. With a compact footprint and comprehensive versatility, the...Read More »
See It In ActionView All Tradeshows
May 7 - May 9, 2019