All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
The MicroMAX JetMachining Center is the ideal solution for ultra-precision abrasive waterjet machining. Utilizing advanced high-precision optical linear encoders, innovative vibration isolation, and proven software control systems, the MicroMAX JetMachining Center is capable of a positioning accuracy of less than five microns while retaining all the advantages of abrasive waterjet machining. The MicroMAX can machine stainless steel, titanium, carbon fiber, PEEK, glass, nitinol, graphite, copper, composites, laminates, and more, with high precision and smooth finishing, for either prototyping or production.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||6' 2" x 7' 0"||1,880 mm x 2,134 mm|
|Height **||7' 0"||2,134 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||3,800 lb||1,724 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||2' 1" x 2' 1"||635 mm x 635 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||4.5"||114 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||2' 11" x 3' 0"||889 mm x 914 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||100 in/min||2,540 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0001"||±0.0025 mm|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0005"||±13 µm|
* Footprint does not include controller or pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floorspace utilization
- Very high precision with 0.1 micron linear optical encoder system
- Highly rigid structure with low mass bridges and carriages
- Stiff construction greatly reduces vibration and increases accuracy
- Vibration isolation of table and gantries
- All components have matched thermal expansion
- Revolutionary patent-pending process for fine abrasive feed rate
- Full enclosure with environmental controls provides quiet, safe and clean operation below 80db
- Advanced pressure controls for piercing delicate materials
- No heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Standard OMAX 7/15 Mini MAXJET 5 Nozzle acquires finer precision cutting capability with a 0.007" orifice and a 0.015" mixing tube combination
- Standard Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Machines a wide range of materials with high accuracy
- Can machine hardened steel as easily as annealed steel
- Easily cut non-conductive and reflective materials
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
What Owners Say
Related ArticlesView All Articles
KENT, Wash., July 18, 2017 - OMAX® Corporation, a designer and manufacturer of computer-controlled abrasive waterjet systems, has produced the world’s most precise micromachining abrasive waterjet available with the assistance of a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant from the US National Science Foundation (NSF).
The NSF SBIR program is a highly...Read More »
Around the globe, machines and their components are becoming smaller and lighter. The demand for high precision parts from advanced materials with quick turnaround time is growing. OMAX Corporation has answered this demand with the development of the latest generation MicroMAX® abrasive waterjet.
To cut material, an abrasive waterjet accelerates water to a high velocity jetstream...Read More »
KENT, Wash., January 20, 2017 - On January 10, OMAX Corporation was one of 37 companies to receive the prestigious Tibbetts Award at the White House. The Tibbetts Award is given to small businesses and individuals by the US Small Business Administration (SBA) in recognition for innovative research and development of transferrable technology. OMAX received the award for its...Read More »
KENT, Wash., January 17, 2017 - The OMAX MicroMAX JetMachining Center has been named a finalist by R&D Magazine in the field of Mechanical/Materials for the magazine's highly regarded 2016 R&D 100 Awards. Such a nomination places OMAX among an elite community of companies and individuals dedicated to the advancement of science and technology.
The MicroMAX has expanded...Read More »
Additional AccessoriesView All Accessories
- 7/15 Mini MAXJET5 Nozzle
- Bulk Abrasive Delivery System
- Chiller System
- Laminar Filter
- Laser Feature Finder
- MAXJET5 Water Only Nozzle
- MAXJET5i MiniJet Nozzle
- MAXJET5i Nozzle
- Precision Optical Locator
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Rotary Axis
- Vacuum Assist
- Variable Speed Solids Removal System
- Water Recycling System
Contact your sales representative for more information.