The OMAX 2626 JetMachining Center has the smallest footprint of our cantilever-style waterjet machines. With a completely sealed and protected ball screw drive system, this robust and reliable workhorse is perfect for shops cutting projects with smaller dimensions but needing high precision. It comes standard with an OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||9’ 8” x 6’ 0”||2,946 mm x 1,829 mm|
|Height **||8’ 4”||2,540 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||3,000 lb||1,361 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||2’ 5” x 2’ 2”||737 mm x 660 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8”||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||3’ 10” x 2’ 7”||1,168 mm x 787 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||180 in/min||4,572 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0010"||±0.0254 mm|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0025"||±0.0635 mm|
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard whip plumbing. Optional scissor plumbing reduces the height.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Robust and accurate design for tight tolerance cutting and reliable operation
- Easy operator access to the work area
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floorspace utilization
- Precision X-Y Axis rigidly mounted to the cutting table
- Pre-loaded linear bearings and precision ball screws
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system with quiet and clean operation with low electrical consumption
- No noxious gases, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Optional Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Optional Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- EnduroMAX pump technology delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster and more efficient cutting
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp or 100 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance
- Uses substantially less cooling water than inefficient hydraulic intensifier pumps
- Lowest electrical consumption compared to other pump technology
What Owners Say
Related ArticlesView All Articles
“Our OMAX waterjet allows us to produce ratchet rings from brass bronze for our load arrestor blocks, high performance rockers for vintage motorcycle championships, as well as custom marine engine transom plates and other various bespoke fittings,” said Andre Beard owner of Ash Safety. “Our APL Load Arrestors could hold rivet guns and tools with weights up to...Read More »
It is often touted that OMAX® abrasive waterjets can cut virtually anything. Sometimes it is surprising what that can really mean. DiamArt is using their OMAX 2626® to cut metal, glass, carbon fiber, PVB and fabric coated in micro diamond. The result is a customizable brilliant material refracting light through millions of facets. “We currently work on a diamond surface made of micro diamonds...Read More »
“Ever since I was 14 years old I was a gear head,” says Dan Dunphy of Dunphy’s Cycles Machining, LLC. “I almost have a sickness and can’t drive a stock vehicle because I don’t want to be like everyone else. It’s boring."
“In 2016, I began to stay late at a local machine shop with a co-worker. They have an OMAX 2626® waterjet.” Dunphy used the waterjet to make parts for his own 2016...Read More »
Continental Structural Plastics (CSP) is a world leader in the creation of lightweight composite materials. CSP shapes these custom composites into components for vehicles, HVAC, and construction markets. The company develops proprietary composite formulations and manufacturing processes to meet the design and regulatory needs of customers around the globe.
To demonstrate material and...Read More »