Designed for a wide range of machining needs, the MAXIEM 1530 sets a higher standard for precision abrasive waterjet machining. The rigid tank design is scaled to handle common plate sizes with room to spare. The advanced linear motion system uses digital linear encoders to provide instant micron-level cutting head position feedback to the controller to assure accurate part production. Equipped with a diamond-integrated MAXJET 5i Nozzle, the 1530 can cut virtually any material quickly and efficiently, maximizing profitability.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||14’ 1” x 10’ 10”||4,293 mm x 3,302 mm|
|Height **||10’ 6”||3,200 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||4,000 lb||1,814 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||10’ 0” x 5’ 2”||3,048 mm x 1,575 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||12”||305 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||12’ 2” x 5’ 8”||3,708 mm x 1,727 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||500 in/min||12,700 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0030"||±0.0762 mm|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0050"||±0.1270 mm|
* Footprint does not include controller or pump.
** With standard whip plumbing. Optional scissor plumbing reduces the height.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floor space utilization
- The mobile control station allows operators direct and efficient access to the cutting process with storage for all of the tools and spares
- Powerful all-in-one controller computer with large 23" screen
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- No noxious gases, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Environmentally "green" system with quiet and clean operation with low electrical consumption
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard patent-pending Intelli-TRAX traction drive inside the X-Y Axis beams fully enclosed inside coated steel covers
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Optional scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Optional Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Optional Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- Optional Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Highly efficient, industry-proven direct drive pumps available up to 40 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- Uses substantially less cooling water than inefficient hydraulic intensifier pumps
- Lowest electrical consumption compared to other pump technology
What Owners Say
Related ArticlesView All Articles
You wouldn’t think a story involving conceptual art and a university-based maker space would have a lot to do with metal fabricating, but you’d be wrong in this one instance. In fact, if your shop has ever thought about expanding its cutting capabilities with a waterjet, you might want to keep reading.
The story begins in 2016 when the University of North Carolina-Asheville’s...Read More »
Thor Trucks’ owners believe this could not be achieved without the aid of OMAX Corp.’s MAXIEM 1530 abrasive waterjet. An abrasive waterjet uses a high-pressure stream of water and abrasive to slice a narrow line into a wide variety of materials, resulting in accurate shapes. Cutting with water does have some challenges. To adjust for a flexible cutting tool, the...Read More »
In Hawai’i, the transition from thunderous downpour to island heat takes only seconds. Whatever the weather, with the help of their MAXIEM® abrasive waterjet, Tropical J’s is designing and crafting custom awnings for the Aloha State.
Tropical J’s started in 1989 by designing hand-crafted, tropical-print, hand-held umbrellas. The company grew quickly to provide an entire array of...Read More »
After spending 22 years as a CNC machinist in the Indianapolis area, Richie Price, in 2015, launched his own business…“backwards,” he says, half-jokingly. Instead of adding waterjet capabilities after starting with mills, lathes and other conventional machining processes, Price’s carefully researched business plan called for launching RPM Design in Brownsburg, IN, with a single waterjet-...Read More »