The MAXIEM 1515 delivers high performance in a compact package. With an ample cutting area that easily fits material stock, the 1515 is an excellent fit for fabrication and job shops. The highly efficient MAXIEM Direct Drive Pump delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster, more efficient cutting.
|Footprint * – (L x W)||9’ 3” x 10’ 10”||2,819 mm x 3,302 mm|
|Height **||10’ 6”||3,200 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||3,000 lb||1,361 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||5’ 2” x 5’ 2”||1,575 mm x 1,575 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||12”||305 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||7’ 4” x 5’ 8”||2,235 mm x 1,727 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||500 in/min||12,700 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0030"||±0.0762 mm|
|Ballbar Circularity||±0.0050"||±0.1270 mm|
* Footprint does not include controller or pump.
** With standard whip plumbing. Optional scissor plumbing reduces the height.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floor space utilization
- The mobile control station allows operators direct and efficient access to the cutting process with storage for all of the tools and spares
- Powerful all-in-one controller computer with large 23" screen
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- No noxious gases, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Environmentally "green" system with quiet and clean operation with low electrical consumption
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard patent-pending Intelli-TRAX traction drive inside the X-Y Axis beams fully enclosed inside coated steel covers
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Optional scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Optional Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Optional Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- Optional Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Highly efficient, industry-proven direct drive pumps available up to 40 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- Uses substantially less cooling water than inefficient hydraulic intensifier pumps
- Lowest electrical consumption compared to other pump technology
What Owners Say
Related ArticlesView All Articles
Students at the Department of Physics and Engineering at Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado, are learning how their education can help solve issues around the world. Recently, the program’s seniors worked in unison with the Bhotia Foundation to reinvent a more-effective gristmill for the town of Chyamtang, Nepal.
“The goal of the gristmill project is...Read More »
The roar of engines, the cheering crowd and a handbuilt race car ready to prove itself on the tarmac. Every year members of Formula UCLan put their best work forward to be a part of this experience. Formula UCLan is a group of engineering students at the University of Central Lancashire, or UCLan for short, dedicated to engineering and building motorsport race cars from scratch. The students...Read More »
Turning concepts upside down and inside out to make a better, healthier product is what OESH is all about. The Charlottesville, Virginia company has revolutionized shoe manufacturing by designing a responsive sole integrated with the rest of the shoe in a unique way that ensures the foot always encounters a perfectly level surface.
OESH shoes, the brainchild of Dr. D. Casey Kerrigan,...Read More »
At EMO 2015, OMAX® Corporation and distributor partner, ITEK VENEZIANO GROUP SRL, used the MAXIEM® 1515 JetMachining Center with an A-Jet cutting head to demonstrate versatility and value in abrasive waterjet machining.
Perfect for use in job shops and metal service centers, the robust 1515 machine can productively cut stock up to 1.5 meters by 1.5 meters from a broad...Read More »