All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
With the OMAX Mobile JetMachining Center, the OMAX Corporation meets the specific requirements of the oil field maintenance, high-rise steel construction, shipbuilding, commercial industries supporting government programs, and any other commercial businesses needing to easily transport waterjet equipment on a regular basis. Essentially, the extremely durable and reliable system is a transportable abrasive waterjet shop mounted to a steel base with forklift access points, so the entire system can be quickly and easily moved.
OMAX Mobile JMC Front View8' 7" Height 2,616 mm Height19' 1" Length 5,817 mm Length
OMAX Mobile JMC Side View8' 7" Height 2,616 mm Height6' 2" Width 1,880 mm Width
|Footprint * – (L x W)||19' 1" x 6' 2"||5,817 mm x 1,880 mm|
|Height **||8' 7"||2,616 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||18,000 lb||8,165 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||4' 4" x 2' 2"||1,321 mm x 660 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8.00"||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||5' 9" x 2' 6"||1,753 mm x 762 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||180 in/min||4,572 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0010"||±0.0254 mm|
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Platform configurable with a OMAX 2626 or OMAX 2652
- Ideal cutting tool for oil field maintenance, high-rise steel construction, shipbuilding, military, commercial business sectors, and other mobile applications
- Entire system can be quickly and easily moved and is transportable in a standard shipping container
- System disconnect box with safety lockout feature
- Epoxy-coated platform equipped with proven OMAX table, pump, and PC-based controller technology
- Major equipment mounted to steel base with forklift access pockets
- Platform corners equipped with lifting eyes for convenient maneuvering with an overhead crane
- Tie-down rings along the platform sides for overall safe shipment and three specific central tie-down rings for additional protection for the EnduroMAX Pump and JetMachining Center
- Adjustable leveling foot located on the bottom of the PC-based controller to support the controller during shipment
- Adjustable PC-based controller’s swing arm can be locked into any position during shipment and operation
- Flooring comprised of rubberized, non-skid, and anti-fungal material
- No tool changes and minimal fixturing reduces setup by 50% or more
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Standard 100 lb Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Standard Water Softener System to treat regional hard water conditions
- Standard Chiller System to cool water supply on a seasonal or regular basis
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system with quiet and clean operation with low electrical consumption
- No noxious gases, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp or 100 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance
What Owners Say
In the morning, we can go through and cut an entire product out and have a prototype put together because we can do everything in-house and have the accuracy of the waterjet.
The motion control that OMAX has is superior to other machines that are out there. The things my customers comment on the most is the quietness of the machine and its accuracy and repeatability.
It also gives us an advantage from a throughput perspective because we're able to provide near-net-shape specimens to other departments for the next steps in that material's certification procedure.
I advertise having the Tilt-A-Jet for cutting tight tolerance; however, when quoting a specific project I can use it as my secret weapon to meet my customer's accuracy guidelines. This allows me to produce taper free parts.
We came to the realization that waterjet was a critical tool for efficient prototyping for several reasons. It's faster, easier to set up and operate and handles more materials than traditional machine tools.
The dining table was a very exciting project which could not have been done without the OMAX.
OMAX solved the 'concept to finished part' problem. What used to take weeks now takes only hours...
We realized how much money we saved if we kept most of our cutting work in-house instead of outsourcing.
The waterjet gives our employees the opportunity to learn new skills and, because we can set it up for automated cutting to run unattended, it frees up our employees to focus on other mission essential tasks.
We can cut parts right to size with our OMAX machines. The machines' Tilt-A-Jet accessory, precision table motion and easy-to-use controls are what make that possible.
Instead of three to four hours to take a specimen to rough finish with a saw, we can accomplish the same process in 45 minutes on the MAXIEM.
Waterjet cutting technology has greatly increased our manufacturing capacity and given us the ability to cut virtually any metal, glass, plastic and composites. Anyone considering new equipment for cutting in manufacturing should explore waterjet.
The waterjet's cold cutting process is cleaner; we don't have to worry about modifying the chemistry of our specimens or introducing heat.
Because of the OMAX waterjet machine and the ease-of-use with the software, it allows us to nest parts in materials and get more pieces per sheet.
We were losing too much time with secondary operations. In looking for a solution we had to carefully consider our equipment choices to avoid processing that might create heat-affected zones in the specimen or change its properties. The MAXIEM 1515 was modestly priced but provided a lot of capability
The OMAX machine made it possible for us to survive during this very difficult economic period.
With reverse engineering, we've essentially been able to take blueprints, sketches, and mylars, scan them and input them into the OMAX software. We're able to trace over the original blueprint and use the scaling features to cut a prototype.
Additional AccessoriesView All Accessories
- 7/15 Mini MAXJET5 Nozzle
- Collision Sensing Terrain Follower
- Manual/Adjustable Tilt Nozzle
- MAXJET5 Water Only Nozzle
- MAXJET5i MiniJet Nozzle
- Motorized Z-Axis
- OMAX Drill Head
- Precision Optical Locator
- Rotary Axis
- Terrain Follower
Contact your sales representative for more information.