All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
The OMAX 2626 JetMachining Center has the smallest footprint of our cantilever-style waterjet machines. With a completely sealed and protected ball screw drive system, this robust and reliable workhorse is perfect for shops cutting projects with smaller dimensions but needing high precision. It comes standard with an OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle.
OMAX 2626 Front View8' 4" Height 2,540 mm Height9' 8" Length 2,946 mm Length
OMAX 2626 Side View8' 4" Height 2,540 mm Height6' 0" Width 1,829 mm Width
|Footprint * – (L x W)||9' 8" x 6' 0"||2,946 mm x 1,829 mm|
|Height **||8' 4"||2,540 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||3,000 lb||1,361 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||2' 5" x 2' 2"||737 mm x 660 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||8.00"||203 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||3' 10" x 2' 7"||1,168 mm x 787 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||180 in/min||4,572 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0010"||±0.0254 mm|
* Footprint includes controller but not the pump.
** With standard whip plumbing. Optional scissor plumbing reduces the height.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Robust and accurate design for tight tolerance cutting and reliable operation
- Easy operator access to the work area
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floorspace utilization
- Precision X-Y Axis rigidly mounted to the cutting table
- Pre-loaded linear bearings and precision ball screws
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Environmentally "green" system with quiet and clean operation with low electrical consumption
- No noxious gases, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Optional Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Optional Tilt-A-Jet taper eliminating abrasivejet cutting head
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- EnduroMAX pump technology delivers the highest nozzle horsepower in the industry for faster and more efficient cutting
- High efficiency EnduroMAX pump system available in 30 hp, 40 hp, 50 hp or 100 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- Highly robust and reliable pump design capable of over 1,000 hours between maintenance
- Uses substantially less cooling water than inefficient hydraulic intensifier pumps
- Lowest electrical consumption compared to other pump technology
What Owners Say
With reverse engineering, we've essentially been able to take blueprints, sketches, and mylars, scan them and input them into the OMAX software. We're able to trace over the original blueprint and use the scaling features to cut a prototype.
The OMAX machine made it possible for us to survive during this very difficult economic period.
The waterjet gives our employees the opportunity to learn new skills and, because we can set it up for automated cutting to run unattended, it frees up our employees to focus on other mission essential tasks.
We came to the realization that waterjet was a critical tool for efficient prototyping for several reasons. It's faster, easier to set up and operate and handles more materials than traditional machine tools.
The motion control that OMAX has is superior to other machines that are out there. The things my customers comment on the most is the quietness of the machine and its accuracy and repeatability.
It also gives us an advantage from a throughput perspective because we're able to provide near-net-shape specimens to other departments for the next steps in that material's certification procedure.
Because of the OMAX waterjet machine and the ease-of-use with the software, it allows us to nest parts in materials and get more pieces per sheet.
The waterjet's cold cutting process is cleaner; we don't have to worry about modifying the chemistry of our specimens or introducing heat.
The dining table was a very exciting project which could not have been done without the OMAX.
We realized how much money we saved if we kept most of our cutting work in-house instead of outsourcing.
I advertise having the Tilt-A-Jet for cutting tight tolerance; however, when quoting a specific project I can use it as my secret weapon to meet my customer's accuracy guidelines. This allows me to produce taper free parts.
We can cut parts right to size with our OMAX machines. The machines' Tilt-A-Jet accessory, precision table motion and easy-to-use controls are what make that possible.
In the morning, we can go through and cut an entire product out and have a prototype put together because we can do everything in-house and have the accuracy of the waterjet.
We were losing too much time with secondary operations. In looking for a solution we had to carefully consider our equipment choices to avoid processing that might create heat-affected zones in the specimen or change its properties. The MAXIEM 1515 was modestly priced but provided a lot of capability
Waterjet cutting technology has greatly increased our manufacturing capacity and given us the ability to cut virtually any metal, glass, plastic and composites. Anyone considering new equipment for cutting in manufacturing should explore waterjet.
OMAX solved the 'concept to finished part' problem. What used to take weeks now takes only hours...
Instead of three to four hours to take a specimen to rough finish with a saw, we can accomplish the same process in 45 minutes on the MAXIEM.
Related ArticlesView All Articles
OMAX Corporation recently served as one of the highly influential guest judges at Georgia Institute of Technology's latest Capstone Design Expo, a culmination of 40 mechanical and biomedical student projects from the school's mechanical engineering senior design course.
"The Capstone Design Expo is a great opportunity for student teams...Read More »
Additional AccessoriesView All Accessories
- 7/15 Mini MAXJET5 Nozzle
- Bulk Abrasive Delivery System
- Chiller System
- Collision Sensing Terrain Follower
- Laminar Filter
- Laser Feature Finder
- Manual/Adjustable Tilt Nozzle
- MAXJET5 Water Only Nozzle
- MAXJET5i MiniJet Nozzle
- MAXJET5i Nozzle
- Motorized Z-Axis
- OMAX Drill Head
- Precision Optical Locator
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Rotary Axis
- Terrain Follower
- Vacuum Assist
- Variable Speed Solids Removal System
- Water Recycling System
Contact your sales representative for more information.