All products meet rigorous international standards and requirements. Learn more »
The next generation MAXIEM 3060 JetMachining Center sets a new standard for large format abrasive waterjet machining. Faster, smoother, and more precise, the MAXIEM 3060 is ideal for a full scale modern machining needs. The exclusive Intelli-TRAX linear drive system uses magnetic encoders to provide one-micron resolution location feedback so the machine knows precisely where the cutting head is at all times. The mobile control station with widescreen display provides flexibility in controller positioning. Optional accessories such as the A-Jet for 5-axis cutting and taper compensation and Collision Sensing Terrain Follower for accurate machining of warped materials expand your JetMachining capabilities and dramatically improve production.
MAXIEM 3060 Front View9' 6" Height 2,896 mm Height24' 6" Length 7,468 mm Length
MAXIEM 3060 Side View9' 6" Height 2,896 mm Height15' 8" Width 4,775 mm Width
|Footprint * – (L x W)||24' 6" x 15' 8"||7,468 mm x 4,775 mm|
|Height **||9' 6"||2,896 mm|
|Weight (tank empty)||8,700 lb||3,946 kg|
|X-Y Cutting Envelope ***||20' 6" x 10' 2"||6,248 mm x 3,099 mm|
|Z-Axis Travel ***||12.00"||305 mm|
|Table Size – (L x W)||22' 9" x 10' 8"||6,934 mm x 3,251 mm|
Standard Model Specifications
|Speed||500 in/min||12,700 mm/min|
|Linear Positional Accuracy||±0.0030"||±0.0762 mm|
* Footprint does not include controller or pump.
** With standard scissor plumbing.
*** Additional accessories may reduce travel.
- Fastest cutting speeds and best precision compared to any competitive abrasive waterjet in the industry
- Backed by our exclusive Intelli-MAX Software with real world cutting data
- Small, efficient footprint for minimal floor space utilization
- The mobile control station allows operators direct and efficient access to the cutting process with storage for all of the tools and spares
- Powerful all-in-one controller computer with large 23" screen
- Drive system sealed against water, dirt, and grit
- No tool changes & minimal fixturing dramatically reduce setup
- Machines a wide range of materials and thicknesses, from metals and composites to glass and plastics
- Does not create heat-affected zones or mechanical stresses
- Leaves behind a satin-smooth edge, reducing secondary operations
- No noxious gases, liquid or oils used in, or caused by, the machining process
- Environmentally "green" system with quiet and clean operation with low electrical consumption
- Shipped as a completely pre-assembled and factory-tested system
- Designed and manufactured at the OMAX factory in Kent, Washington, USA
- Standard patent-pending Intelli-TRAX traction drive inside the X-Y Axis beams fully enclosed inside coated steel covers
- Standard Intelli-VISOR SE System Monitoring offers predictive maintenance and system monitoring to minimize unexpected downtime
- Standard programmable Motorized Z-Axis with a precision OMAX MAXJET 5i Nozzle boosts productivity and process efficiency
- Standard scissor-style hard plumbing adds another level of safety by using contained high-pressure components, as well as contributes to a smaller footprint, lower maintenance, and higher reliability
- Optional Rapid Water Level Control for cleaner, safer, and quieter submerged cutting completes most work below 80 dBA
- Optional Bulk Abrasive Delivery System transports garnet from the assembly's large hopper into the Zero Downtime Hopper located on the Z-Axis
- Optional Variable Speed Solids Removal System (VS-SRS) designed for industrial use increases uptime through automated solids removal
- Optional Intelli-CAM software program is available with two tools in one that can generate either 2D or 3D tool paths from 3D models.
- Highly efficient, industry-proven direct drive pumps available up to 40 hp with operating efficiencies up to 85%
- Uses substantially less cooling water than inefficient hydraulic intensifier pumps
- Lowest electrical consumption compared to other pump technology
What Owners Say
In the morning, we can go through and cut an entire product out and have a prototype put together because we can do everything in-house and have the accuracy of the waterjet.
With reverse engineering, we've essentially been able to take blueprints, sketches, and mylars, scan them and input them into the OMAX software. We're able to trace over the original blueprint and use the scaling features to cut a prototype.
The waterjet's cold cutting process is cleaner; we don't have to worry about modifying the chemistry of our specimens or introducing heat.
Instead of three to four hours to take a specimen to rough finish with a saw, we can accomplish the same process in 45 minutes on the MAXIEM.
We realized how much money we saved if we kept most of our cutting work in-house instead of outsourcing.
We came to the realization that waterjet was a critical tool for efficient prototyping for several reasons. It's faster, easier to set up and operate and handles more materials than traditional machine tools.
Because of the OMAX waterjet machine and the ease-of-use with the software, it allows us to nest parts in materials and get more pieces per sheet.
It also gives us an advantage from a throughput perspective because we're able to provide near-net-shape specimens to other departments for the next steps in that material's certification procedure.
The OMAX machine made it possible for us to survive during this very difficult economic period.
We were losing too much time with secondary operations. In looking for a solution we had to carefully consider our equipment choices to avoid processing that might create heat-affected zones in the specimen or change its properties. The MAXIEM 1515 was modestly priced but provided a lot of capability
The dining table was a very exciting project which could not have been done without the OMAX.
The waterjet gives our employees the opportunity to learn new skills and, because we can set it up for automated cutting to run unattended, it frees up our employees to focus on other mission essential tasks.
We can cut parts right to size with our OMAX machines. The machines' Tilt-A-Jet accessory, precision table motion and easy-to-use controls are what make that possible.
I advertise having the Tilt-A-Jet for cutting tight tolerance; however, when quoting a specific project I can use it as my secret weapon to meet my customer's accuracy guidelines. This allows me to produce taper free parts.
OMAX solved the 'concept to finished part' problem. What used to take weeks now takes only hours...
The motion control that OMAX has is superior to other machines that are out there. The things my customers comment on the most is the quietness of the machine and its accuracy and repeatability.
Waterjet cutting technology has greatly increased our manufacturing capacity and given us the ability to cut virtually any metal, glass, plastic and composites. Anyone considering new equipment for cutting in manufacturing should explore waterjet.
Related ArticlesView All Articles
KENT, Wash. – OMAX Corporation continues to set new standards in abrasive waterjet cutting technology with the expansion of its line of MAXIEM JetMachining® Centers. The company introduced three larger sizes of its next generation MAXIEM to meet the needs of shops, OEMs, metal service centers, and fabricators for large-scale production.
The first five models in the next...Read More »
Additional AccessoriesView All Accessories
- Bulk Abrasive Delivery System
- Chiller System
- Collision Sensing Terrain Follower
- Laminar Filter
- Large Solids Removal System
- Laser Feature Finder
- Manual/Adjustable Tilt Nozzle
- MAXJET5 Water Only Nozzle
- MAXJET5i MiniJet Nozzle
- MAXJET5i Nozzle
- Motorized Z-Axis
- OMAX Drill Head
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Terrain Follower
- Vacuum Assist
- Variable Speed Solids Removal System
- Water Recycling System
Contact your sales representative for more information.