The Rotary Axis is a robust, waterproof rotary head that allows the waterjet to cut XYZ paths to create complex 3D parts.
OMAX Rotary Axis mounted on a OMAX 60120 JetMachining Center
- Fully submersible rotary head
- Multiple mounting features on output shaft including external and internal threads, flanges, and locating shoulders
- Flexible mounting, able to position head in various positions on the slat bed
- Powered by OMAX common table control
- Flexible positioning of the mounting and supports
- Easy maintenance with external grease fittings
- Built-in water drip sensor, warning lights and shutdown
Capabilities (when used with accessories)
- 10,000 steps per revolution standard
- 11 ft-lb (15N*m) constant torque
- 28 ft-lb (39N*m) maximum torque
- Maximum radial load at end of output shaft 391 lbf (1.74kN)
- Maximum radial load 12" from end of the output shaft 67 lbf (0.289kN)
- Maximum radial load 24" from end of the output shaft 36 lbf (0.164kN)
- On larger format machines, maximum diameter 24" (cannot exceed load or torque limit)
- 0.01 degree of repeatability: at 1" diameter = 0.0001"; at 10" diameter = 0.0008"
- Provides the ability for submerged cutting, leading to a cleaner and quieter process
- Robust standard ACME and metric threads allow customers to adapt custom work holding fixtures
- No extra electrical service required; simply plug into the OMAX table
- Can be relocated at various positions of the table, permitting sheet cutting and rotary cutting without removing the rotary head
- Combines precision of abrasive waterjet and rotary head technologies
- Opens up more design capabilities
- Eliminates heat-affected zones when cutting metal materials
Optional AccessoriesAll accessory attachments are pre-machined to precision mate with the OMAX Rotary Axis head output shaft.
Universal Adapter Flange
The Universal Adapter Flange is ideal for a 3- or 4-jaw chuck mount. It is pre-machined for an economy 4-jaw chuck and can be modified for custom work holding fixtures. The accessory threads onto the Rotary Axis motor shaft.